Saturday, April 9, 2011

Seeking

   For over a year now I have been reading through my Bible.  I have not been faithful to read the Word everyday.   I have even skipped weeks of reading God’s Word, yet He is so faithful to me.  He calls me and draws me, when I become complacent.  He loves me with an everlasting love.

   A few weeks ago I decided to get back on track, and start spending time in the Word again.  I read Hosea chapters 9 & 10, and this verse popped off the page:

“Sow with a view to righteousness,
Reap in accordance with kindness;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the Lord
Until He comes to rain righteousness.”
           Hosea 10:12 NASB

   I felt God’s Word penetrate straight into my heart.  I was compelled to read the passage again and again.



“Sow with a view to righteousness,”

Via
“Reap in accordance with kindness;”

“Break up your fallow (unproductive) ground,”
“For it is time to seek the Lord”



“Until He comes to rain righteousness.”

   Today as I opened God’s Word again, my eyes were drawn to the highlighted passage, including verse 13.

“You have plowed wickedness, you have reaped injustice,
You have eaten the fruit of lies.
Because you have trusted in your way.
In your numerous warriors.”

   These verses resonate within me.  God has called me to so much more.  He wants me to, “sow with a view to righteousness,” He does not want me to sow arbitrarily or wickedly. He wants me to sow with a view of eternity and His righteousness.  Everyday and every moment I need to ask:  What am I sowing and to what end am I sowing too?  Do I have a view of righteousness, or are my glasses covered in muck?


     Do I “reap in accordance to kindness”, or do I plow over others in search on my own desires and needs?  Do I care more about myself than I do God or my fellow man?  In verse 12 the word kindness comes from the Hebrew word hesed, meaning loyalty.  This word actually refers to “right conduct towards one’s fellowman or loyalty to the Lord, or both. (source) 

   Am I willing to breakup my fallow, unproductive ground and seek the Lord, or do I want to stay status quo and “eat the fruit of lies”?  Am I willing to be active and seek the Lord, or do I want to be spoon fed forever?  Am I willing to work for righteousness and sacrifice comfort for eternity?  It is time to seek the Lord!

   Verse 12 tells us; “Until He comes to reign righteousness on you.”  My job is to sow with a view towards righteousness, and reap with loyalty towards Him.  I need to get in the game and break up the unproductive parts of my life and seek Him whole-heartedly, for it is TIME to seek the Lord.  Then He will reign righteousness on me. 

   It time to think like a farmer.  What happens after the soil is tilled, fertilized, and the seed is sowed?  Nothing without water. It’s not until the rain and the water come that the seed sprouts and the plant grows and produces an abundant crop for harvest.  I want to seek the Lord, I want to be productive, and I want to produce good fruit that only comes from the Father.

“It is time to see the Lord.”

Blessings to you and yours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Shannon. God has been teaching me pretty much the same lesson lately. Those verses really resounded with me too. Thanks for sharing!!