Thursday, January 13, 2011

Valentine Themed Mantel

   

    I love decorating my mantel.  Sandy, being fully aware of this, informed me that my mantel decor needed to be free this week.  Okay, I'll be honest, I may have came home with the candle display and frame this week, but that was on Monday.   He didn't give the "keep it free" rules until Friday, so technically the whole mantel set-up is free.  Right?

    This week my mantel is very sentimental, albeit hooky.


     The crochet doilies are from one of my grandma's.   I received the doilies as a gift for my 18th birthday, but had never used them.  (I think there are rules about doilies- you must be at least thirty three and three quarters to accessorize with them.)  Anyways, the flower garland is from my wedding 14 years ago.  I thought, due to the Valentine theme of my mantel, the garland should make an appearance.


   

These sweet crocheted hearts were made by my grandma. 



 The little satin pillow was carried by the ring bear at our wedding. 






Photobucket

The Shabby Nest
Blessings to you and yours!

2 comments:

Nicole@thiscreativeadventure said...

Really sweet. I have held onto lots of little things from my wedding too. Thanks for the kind comment on my chair redo and for visiting my blog!

Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

I think "keep it free" is a good way to become more creative! I love the sentimental decor. I didn't hear about the doilie rule - phew, I am older than thirty three and three quarters. I put some crotchet work of my great grandmothers on my mantel.
Thanks for the inspiration. Your mantel is lovely!