Sunday, January 2, 2011

Decorating Fever

  Does anyone else have the after Christmas decorating/ shopping bug?  I definitely do, though I probably shouldn't do any shopping.  I want to redo my whole house. 

         There's that dresser in Grace's room, from our dear friends Nancy and Gene,  that needs sanded and painted white.



     And if I'm going to paint the dresser I probably should repaint her room pale pink.  And if I'm going to paint her room I should try my hand at installing some crisp white bead board to really make the room POP.

Then there's the dresser that's in Christian's room that I want to paint dark blue and then distress it. 


I should mention that this particular dresser is the first piece of furniture Sandy and I bought together.  We found it at a little second hand store in a neighboring town for $50.00.  I've been meaning to paint it for the last 14 years.

   To add to my shopping/decorating debacle I had to go and read Traditional Home's Holiday issue.  Seriously, why am I torturing myself? 

Source: Traditional Homes

     I rolled across this article and now I can barely contain myself from heading out to Hancock's and loading up on glorious amounts of ribbon. 


Traditional Home 2010 Holiday issue.
    Just image how I could jazz these babies up with some turquoise and jewel toned green ribbon.  Hummm...it is only 4:15, I could head over to Hancock's.


Note the hideous white and gray tile in our bathroom.  Hummm...we could retile the bathroom.

   Alas, I should not, so I will decorate my mantel with what I have on hand.




   We put away all of our Christmas decorations, except my favorite Costco trees.  I realize they don't really go with my grass vases, yet I don't care, because I really like them.  I plan to keep them out until January 30th, and then they will be tucked away in the Christmas vault (garage rafters).



   These candle stands were blah by themselves, so I added some candle rings that I picked up at Micheal's for 75% off.  (No, I didn't go out today, or I would have grabbed some ribbon, too.)  I used my favorite scarf as an accessory to add another pop of color.  Fun, easy and  free- just the way Sandy likes me to decorate.

   Checkout more fun, frugal ideas at the Frugal Friday link party at the The Shabby Nest  or the Winter Mantel Party from The Stories of A to Z.


Blessings to you and yours!

7 comments:

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Welcome to the world of OCD - no, not that one. This one- Obsessively Compulsive about Decorating.. bloggers are particularly prone to it!

Taylor said...

Alas! You should!

Bethany said...

It's all so lovely!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I so need to stay out of the stores and get this Christmas decor put away!!! Found some great treasures at GW today:)

Blessings,
Linda

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Your mantelscape is lovely! I love the fact that you are keeping your little Christmas trees out for awhile yet! I totally agree and need to de-decorate from Christmas bit by bit! It is too stark and dark once you take down all those twinkly little lights! Good for you, staying out of the stores and using what you had! I keep buying half priced Christmas decor and then going home and putting it out so now I have even MORE de-decorating to do!

DD

Blondie's Journal said...

Your mantel is so pretty, I love all the blues! And the Costco trees are beautiful, I would keep them out, too!

Good luck with your projects! :-)

XO,
Jane

The CSI Girl said...

I would love for you to come link this up at the CSI Project. The challenge this week is winter crafts and decor. You could take home the top prize or win the giveaway. The link party starts at midnight(MST) on Wednesday. We have tutorials all week too.
www.thecsiproject.com

Hope to see you there!!!
Dee, the CSI Girl