Today I was reading Matthew 6:25-34, and it occurred to me that often my planning comes in the form of worry. I plan a little for the future and worry a lot. Verse 34 really stuck out to me:
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt. 6:34, NIV
What really struck home is that I can plan for tomorrow, that is all well and fine, what I need to refrain from is worrying about tomorrow. Tomorrow has enough worries for itself, I will be present and engaged in today.
Today and every Monday from now on I will be linking up with Multitudes on Monday- One Thousand Gifts, a link party hosted by Ann Voskamp . My goal is to have a gratitude list reaching a 1,000 by January 1, 2010. Here's this weeks list:
1. Hot coffee made by my sweet husband in the morning.
2. Snow forts & snow covered little girls.
3. A son who is making progress (by leaps and bounds) in reading.
4. A chocolate haired girl who asks for my advice.
5. Family movie night.
6. A husband that reads his bible.
I think this picture is so cute- I couldn't resist.
7. Grandmas and their stories.
8. Good book's and flickering candles.
Blessings to you and yours!