Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Night Dinners

    Whatever happened to Sunday night dinner's?  You know what I'm talking about, salad, hot and fresh homemade dinner rolls, roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed pea's and fudge ribbon cake for dessert. 


    Well, maybe you don't know what I mean, but at least you have an idea of why I've struggled with a weight problem!  Ha!

  This week I decided to bring back the official Sunday dinner.

   We dined on  New England Style Roast Beef, double stuffed  baked potatoes and zucchini.

New England Roast Beef
Chuck Roast
1/2 cup of horseradish
1 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste

 Heat oven to 325.  Place roast in 9x13.  Spread horseradish over roast.
  Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  Top with one cup of water.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake 2 hours

  
     I have to admit after cooking I felt a little like:



   You know, with my mad couponing skills and now homemade Sunday dinners, I just might be the total package.  Ha!


Blessings to you and yours!


Gratitude List:

12.  Precious kids.  Last Tuesday I wasn't feeling well and my kids were SO sweet.  Noelle started the morning by coming into my room and asking me if there was anything she could do for me.  Christian followed up by asking if I would like a cup of coffee or tea.  Gracie wanted to know if she should make breakfast for everyone (she's only 7, so I said no).  What sweet kids I have!

13.  Blue skies.

14.  Strong hands.

15.  Hugs and kisses.

16.  A new book, A Thousand Gifts.

17.  Text messages from my mom.

18.  Laughter.

19.  Cousins playing dress-up.

20.  Lower numbers on the scale.

21.  Flickering candles.

22.  Brownies and ice cream.

23.  My friend, the Lumberjack's Wife, and her sweet plug for my blog.  My stat's doubled in one day!  Return the favor and go check out her blog- she's hilarious!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Yum! You are totally a Donna Reed. Thanks for the shout out, my dear! :)