Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One of THOSE days

     Have you ever had one of those days where you felt like this:


 
Source Google Images


     When in all reality you wanted to act like this:


Source Fandango

    And by the grace of God you hit somewhere in the middle, well, at least you hope you did.  :)

     Parenting  can be a challenge and sometimes I need to take a deep breath- a long, deep breath.  Then I need to pause and pray, and ask the Lord for wisdom, and beg Him to control my tongue.  Sharp words can pop out of my mouth faster than my brain can process them, this is an area I struggle.  I desperately want to be a Mary Poppins mom, when my children fuss and fight I want to break into song and gently rebuke them.

    The simple fact is I'm not a Mary Poppins mom.  I screw up.  I get frustrated.  I over parent. I under parent.  I'm not perfect, and it's okay.   The point is not for me to be perfect.  God wants me to be a woman who seeks Him first and my own desires second.  He wants me to equip my children to be Christ followers who love God and others.  He knows I will screw up, and He can use my messes for His good.  When I mess up my job is to humble myself, seek His forgiveness first, and then seek the forgiveness of others.  When I humble myself I honor God, and my children learn how to be humble and ask forgiveness when they mess up.  They are able to recognize no one is perfect- we are all sinners saved by grace.  I'm thankful for the lessons God teaches me and my children.
  

Blessings to you and yours!

  


2 comments:

Taylor said...

I am always Mary Poppins! :)

Bethany said...

Good for you! Love those children, God will bless your heart. You are doing a great job!