Monday, January 24, 2011

Gratitude Week 4

   Psalm 66:1
"Shout joyfully to God, all the earth;
 Sing the glory of His name; 
 Make His praise glorious.
Say to God, "How awesome are Your works!"
                                                       NASB





       We serve an awesome God.  Life gets crazy, but isn't it such a blessing that we are His!  Today my post will be short and sweet- just my gratitude list.

1.  Sitting in church with my family, and holding crayons for my littlest while she colors.  This season of mommyhood is rushing by, and I just want to push the pause button. 

2.  Shopping with my oldest.  I love our conversation and how she asks my opinion on her fashion and make-up.  (Now, she doesn't always use my opinion but at least she asks.)


3.  I'm grateful for new neighbors and the words Grace spoke upon meeting them. 
           Grace:  "I've been praying for you since I was a little girl.  I've been praying for a friend in my neighborhood."
     Melt my mommy heart.  I'm not sure our new neighbors are Christians and they may now deem us the weird neighbors, but I am so grateful to have a little girl that lets her "light" shine.



4.  My son.  Christian is a ton of fun and I am grateful he still asks me to tuck him in and pray with him.  I fear these days will pass to soon.



5.  Sweet friends who read my blog and encourage me.  I love you guys!

6.  Good, predictable books.

7.  A cup of peppermint tea and my bible.

8.  Good conversation and breakfast with a friend.

9.  No snow!  Yeah!  Rain~boo!  (Oops, this is a grateful list not a complaining list).

10.  The sound of belly laughs coming from Christian and Grace.  Sometimes these two kids can seem a little loud and crazy, but the joy they have playing together.  Grace prays for her "best friend" Christian.



11.  Committing to having a family night every Sunday.  



Blessings to you and yours!





1 comment:

Taylor said...

Loved your list! Happy Monday!