I love spring, however I live in the Northwest, so I am not certain I have ever experienced spring. Our weather is more inclined to be freezing for six months, really cold for three months, cold for two more months and then hot for two months. It's an ugly cycle, but alas we must go on.
If we can't have spring like weather we might as well cook spring like food. Yumm!
12 boneless skinless chicken tenders (cut into cubes)
2 zucchini sliced
2 pints of mushrooms
1 red onion cut into chunks
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1 yellow bell pepper cut into chunks
1 bottle of Italian dressing
Marinate chicken & vegetables overnight in Italian dressing.
The next day soak wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes
in water. Skewer vegetables and chicken. BBQ over med-high
until chicken is cooked through. Meanwhile cook rice. After
rice is cooked toss with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and
garlic salt. Serve the kabobs over a bed of rice.
I like to serve Chicken Kabobs with a salad and fresh Garlic Rosemary bread from Costco.
Here's an easy way to make a delicious salad:
Start with mixed spring greens, they are least expensive at Costco.
Core and dice an apple, jazz apples are great.
Toss in a handful of blackberries, a few sliced strawberries,
and some roasted pecans. Toss in a bit of feta or gorgonzola and you
have a beautiful delicious salad. Serve with a raspberry vinaigrette
or a pear gorgonzola dressing.
To wrap up this scrumptious meal, I like to go with a light but delicious dessert, usually strawberry shortcake. My strawberry shortcake recipe is simple:
Whip up a Betty Crocker angle food cake. Slice strawberries, I
like to slice my strawberries lengthwise into four slices- it makes the
presentation prettier. Toss strawberries with a sprinkling of sugar.
Top with homemade whip cream. The secret ingredient is definitely
the whip cream.
Beat one pint of whip cream & one teaspoon of vanilla until
the mixture comes to a fluffy texture
(similar to cool whip, but oh, so much better).
Gently fold in two tablespoons of powdered sugar and serve.
Yum! The leftovers are great on your morning coffee.
Blessings to you and yours!
60. Cooking with my sweet oldest daughter.
61. Sweet conversation with my girls.
62. Homeschooling successes & my sweet son.
63. Family laughs watching the Cosby show.
64. Date night with my hubby- he made reservations for the 1st time ever!
65. Holding hands in the movie theater.
66. Christian's enthusiasm over playing Jesus in a skit at church.
67. Ann Voskamp's free download for Easter.
68. Dinner with precious friends, and simple laughter.
69. Ten minutes of sunshine on a snowy, raining, sleeting, windy day.
70. God drawing me to His Word all day and finally taking a moment to sit down and soak it all in.
71. Little feet growing to quickly.
72. Belly laughs.
73. Tired soccer girls, who leave the field just because they can.
74. Snuggles on movie night.
75. Tulips pushing up out of the dark brown earth.
76. 11,000 Easter Eggs and counting