Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pirates and other Adventures


I was a rotten blogger last week, only two mediocre posts.  I sincerely apologize, though I have a good excuse for my lack of blogging follow through.

I was kidnapped by crazy pirates and...

a scary clown.

Okay, maybe I am exaggerating a bit, though I did go on a Children's Ministry retreat with an amazing group of want-ta-be pirates.  We had a blast! 


Yo-ho-ho and bottle of...water.



We played a crazy game called Bigger or Better.  The basic premise of the game is to start with a small dollar item and trade it, with perfect strangers, for a "bigger or better" item.  Simple right?

Well, it is, unless you get punked by some college students.  They tricked us and traded us a visa gift card with potentially $10.00 on it for our punch cards (yes, I realize they had no value).  We were excited until we learned the gift card had zero dollars and zero cents.  Shame on you college boys, shame on you.

Oh well, live and learn, live and learn.

Fun was had by all, except one little Missy who was left at home.
I received at least 10 phone calls during the 24 hours I was away from home, and I came home
to a card with the following message:

"Dear Mom,
I love you.
I love you .
I love you.
I love you.
Please never leave me again.
Love, Gracie"


I'm guessing that she's not going to mind if Sandy and I sneak away for a 15th Anniversary trip in April.

Blessings to you and yours!










No comments: