Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Breakfast Idea's

      Morning ladies and gents.   Christmas is quickly approaching, and I thought I would post a few quick idea's for Christmas breakfast.  Now, you all know I love Christmas day.  I love celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, I love giving my kids special gifts, and creating delicious meals.  This year I want to spend more time with my family and less in the kitchen, so I am cheating a bit and making a semi-homemade breakfast for the crew.

   Sandy and the kids will be having Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls.  These babies are delicious and simple.  Before you go to bed on Christmas Eve pop these puppies in a greased 9x13 and cover with greased saran wrap.  Leave them on the counter overnight to thaw and rise.  When you wake up Christmas morning preheat your oven to 350 and toss the pan in the oven.  Let them bake while you open gifts!  You won't be disappointed.

   Sandy need a little protein for breakfast, and loves a breakfast casserole I found on All recipes. 


Click on this link for the full recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage-Casserole/Detail.aspx.  This is the best breakfast casserole I have ever consumed- the bottom layer is shredded potatoes instead of the usual bread cubes you find in traditional breakfast casserole.  I prepare this dish the night before I serve it and then pop it in the oven the next morning. 

Picture credit Allrecipes & William Rossbach

     Now both of these dishes are delightful and wonderful, but full of glorious calories.  Some of us don't need to worry about the calories we consume, though others of us need to watch what we eat.  Case in point:

Photo Pre October 2010


December 2010


  I will not be partaking in the consumption of Orange Rolls & Sausage Breakfast Casserole, no not me.  I will instead be using a recipe from:



      This cookbook is fantastic and I have lost a little over 30 pounds using their recipes.  For Christmas breakfast I will be making myself Chocolate Stuffed French Toast.  Yummm!


Photo from the Flat Belly Diet Family Cookbook


    This recipe is wonderful and only has 416 calories per serving.  I emailed http://www.flatbellydiet.com/ and asked permission to post this amazing recipe, if I get approval I will post it asap.  In the mean time you can find it in the Flat Belly Diet Family Cookbook or google Flat Belly Diet Chocolate Stuffed French Toast. ( Side note- I really need to learn copyright laws.)

Blessings!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I am clueless on copyright laws. I just post away and hope for the best! But I think if you definitely give credit to the source you are ok? I hope.
Yum!
And stop beating yourself up!

His girl said...

Taylor- Silly girl, I'm not beating myself up- it's the first time I've ever met my New Years resolution! :) I'm happy and I LOVE Chocolate Stuffed French Toast!!! :)