Monday, December 20, 2010

To Grandmother's House We Go...

   Here's a quick recap of our family weekend.  I am sure all nine of my followers are dying of suspense.

This is the amazing view out my Grandma's K's living room window.

      This weekend we made our annual trek to my grandma's for Christmas.  We started out visiting my 93 year old grandma. 



      Grandma was going to order Papa Murphy's for lunch, but this is the feast she decided to throw together instead.

   She whipped up homemade scalloped potatoes and ham, fruit salad, coleslaw, fudge with walnuts (my favorite), divinity  (yuck), and peanut brittle.  She is amazing, she does water aerobics three times a week, and decided last week she should probably join a stretch class!  I hope I am in as good as shape as she is when I 'm 93. 
Next stop Grandma K's.
    The ladies- sister (Faith), Grandma, Mom, me, Noelle, & Grace

     After a busy day of traveling we settle in for a nice dinner with Grandma and Grandpa K, when Grace pops up and announces, "Christian thinks its a waste of time to visit you."  Greeeaat....  Isn't she cute.

     My grandparents are folks with a generous nature and completely ignore her comment.  I'm blessed with them-truly.



     The weekend festivities included gingerbread house building, and somehow I got stuck with the clean-up because mom and grandma had to wrap gifts.  Sure ladies, sure...I believe you.  I remember the days of my youth, Christmas was magical and there was no work involve, whatsoever.  Now I live in the days of creating the magic and fun, then cleaning up!  :)

Blessings to you and yours.
   


2 comments:

Taylor said...

Loved grace's comment!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I can so see my kids saying something like that!